Annual New York City Events
Consult this calendar for annual New York events, including major festivals, sports, religious dates, parades, etc. The calendar begins in Spring 2017.
|Prospect Park, Brooklyn, in late April|
MARCH• The 22nd annual Armory Show, the city's big contemporary art fair, March 2-5, 2017. Piers 92 and 94 on the far West Side. 711 12th Avenue at 55th Street. Website.
• Purim begins at sundown on March 11, 2017 and ends the evening of March 12, 2017.
• Daylight Saving Time begins March 12, 2017 at 2:00 a.m.
• Friday, March 17, 2017 St. Patrick's Day Parade. Fifth Avenue, from 44th to 79th Streets. Begins at 11 a.m. Limerick native Michael J. Dowling, President & CEO of Northwell Health, serves as this year's Grand Marshal. Consult this St. Patrick's Day post that includes Walking Off the Big Apple's awesome bar and parade map, plus bonus Judy Garland song.
• March 20, 2017. Vernal Equinox in New York City, First Day of Spring. 6:28 a.m. EDT
• Sunday, March 26, 2017. 1 pm. Greek Independence Day Parade. Fifth Avenue. 64th to 79th Streets.
• March 26 -April 9, 2017. Macy's Flower Show. Website.
• March 30 - April 2, 2017 Affordable Art Fair
APRIL• April 1, 2017. Pillow Fight Day. 3 p.m. Location TBA.
|Pillow Fight Day|
• Monday, April 3, 2017 at 1:10 p.m. Home opener. Atlanta Braves at New York Mets. Citi Field, Flushing, Queens. Official site.
• Wednesday, April 5, 2017. The first Wednesday in April is National Walking Day, an initiative of the American Heart Association to encourage the benefits of walking. Here at Walking Off the Big Apple, every day is walking day, weather permitting.
|Coney Island attractions open April 8-9, 2017.|
• April 8-9, 2017. Opening weekend, Coney Island attractions.
• Sunday, April 9, 2017. Palm Sunday, beginning of Holy Week.
• Passover begins at sundown on April 10, 2017 and continues for 7 days until April 18, 2017.
• Monday, April 10, 2017. Home opener. Rays at New York Yankees. 1:05 p.m. Yankee Stadium, Bronx. Official site.
|Easter Parade, Fifth Avenue.|
• Sunday, April 16, 2017. Easter Parade. Fifth Avenue, beginning near St. Patrick's Cathedral. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 49th to 57th Streets.
• April 22, 2017. Earth Day. March for Science. FB page
|On the High Line, walking toward the Whitney Museum of American Art|
• April 19 - April 30, 2017. Tribeca Film Festival. Some of the special events take place outdoors.
|Cherry blossoms on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Fifth Avenue.|
• April 29 - April 30, 2017. 10 am - 6 pm, Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival - Sakura Matsuri 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Rain or shine. Free with admission. Celebration of Japanese culture and the blossoming of the garden's cherry trees. Also, consult the garden's Cherry Blossom Status Map for opportunities to visit.
• May 5-7, 2017 Frieze New York. Contemporary Art Fair. Randall’s Island. Website.
• May 11 - 21, 2017 Bronx Week
• May 12, 2017 Five Boro Craft Beer Fest
• May 14, 2017 Mother's Day
• May 21, 2017 AIDS Walks New York website
|Fleet Week. May 24-30, 2017|
• May 24-30, 2017 Fleet Week
• May 28, 2017 Loisaida Festival
• May 31 - June 30, 2017 Uptown Arts Stroll
June• Tuesday, June 13 Museum Mile Festival
• Sunday, June 25 NYC Pride March official website
• Tuesday, July 4 Independence Day 4th of July fireworks East River