Birds of Inwood - Visit Teri's new blog about birds!

Birds of Inwood - Visit Teri's new blog about birds!
A visual journey exploring the birds of Inwood and Northern Manhattan

A Lazy Day on the Hudson: New Yorkers Go Outside



All week the weather in New York has been "drop dead gorgeous," as many would say it here, with each day progressively warmer. The winter, suddenly gone, with its distinction between New Yorkers at work and visitors on vacation, gave way to an atmosphere of beach-time laziness for all. The West Side piers along the Hudson draw many New Yorkers, especially those living in the West Village. The Hudson River Park affords views of big sky, passing boats, the Jersey shoreline, and off to the left, outside of this picture, the Statue of Liberty in the distance. I was out there, too, today. It was a little hazy, but I was happy for the warm sun. Many, like me, are still a little pale. If I've been slack in my posts this week, you now know why.

Image: Hudson River Park, April 19, 2008. For additional NY pix, visit Walking Off the Big Apple's new photostream on Flickr.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:25 PM

    This is what I love about NYC, just a perfect Sunday strolling around the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Bulgaria and that's so unrepresentative for me... people lying on the riverside...
    Hm... nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts