Birds of Inwood - Visit Teri's new blog about birds!

Birds of Inwood - Visit Teri's new blog about birds!
A visual journey exploring the birds of Inwood and Northern Manhattan

The Rain on Bleecker Street



"I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways
I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests..."*

A writing assignment, the kind with a deadline, and a steady rain kept me indoors for most of the day. The elements conspired to make me focus on the task at hand, but I started suffering from cabin fever at dusk. Needing to get out, I wandered down Bleecker Street just to stretch my legs. I have come to depend on my desire to move through time and space.

A few people were out and about. I saw one woman with a green umbrella using a pay phone at the corner of Bleecker and Sullivan and another woman with a pink umbrella walking along and chatting with a guy in a hat. At one point several people converged under a canopy of their respective umbrellas. I can't tell too many details in weather like this. Everything becomes a little blurry.

* Bob Dylan wrote "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" in a basement apartment at 158 Bleecker St.

Blurry image from March 19, 2008. Bleecker Street. Walking Off the Big Apple. Greenwich Village. New York, New York.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Great balance with the green umbrella and the blue one plus the red lights. The blurry rain has me feeling the cold rain. Think I'll walk down to the store and get some peeps for my hot chocolate....

    Ellen in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:31 AM

    Nice! Looks like a painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts